ABOUT TRICK DOG
From the 1920’s and 1940’s when trick dogs such as Rin Tin Tin and Lassie won peoples’ hearts, trick dog training has become one of the most exciting new areas in dog training today.
TRICK DOG TITLE INFO:
AKC Trick Dog titles are official AKC titles listed on the dog’s title record. The processing fee for each title is $20. Multiple titles for the same dog can be sent in together, each one will be processed in succession after each previous title has been added and printed. Dogs must have an AKC, PAL, or AKC Canine Partners number to earn a title. All dogs can get a number including purebreds and mixed breeds.
4 TRICK DOG TITLES -
- NOVICE TRICK DOG (TKN) The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. (see link to “Application” below for lists of skills). If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title.
- INTERMEDIATE TRICK DOG (TKI) The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
- ADVANCED TRICK DOG (TKA) The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 5 tricks from the Advanced list.
- TRICK DOG PERFORMER (TKP) In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks previously learned.
- Click here for applications http://www.akc.org/trick-Dog/trick-dog-applications/
Below are German Pinschers who have obtained a Trick Dog Title.